Re: filmscanners: Monitor recommendation

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Chefurka" <paul@chefurka.com>

> On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:01:12 -0500 , "Wilson, Paul" <PWilson@gomez.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Can anyone recommend a good 19" monitor?  I'm currently using a 17" NEC
> >XV17+ which is a very good monitor that I'm happy with but I have a 2nd
> >system that needs a monitor and I'd like something bigger.
>
> The approach I'd take is to buy a
> monitor I'd expect to be good (Viewsonic, Sony and Mitsubishi are the
lines
> I'd look at), but ensure an exchange policy with the vendor in case the
> sample you get doesn't meet your expectations.  That means buying
locally -
> mail-order is a risky and hassle-prone way to buy monitors IMO.

I disagree only slightly. I was unable to find a local source for a Sony
F520, so purchased it from a reliable (!) etailer. I immediately hooked it
up to my wife's computer and ran it for a month or more without any
problems. I still have the box, so that if there are problems, I have some
recourse. Still, if I do have problems...

Jim Snyder

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.