filmscanners: Vuescan with Acer ScanWit in Linux

Finally I've installed Vuescan 7.2.7 on my pc, both in Windows 98 and in
Linux Mandrake 8.0
The pc is a P166MMX, 128 Mb RAM, scanner is the Acer 2720s and the scsi
controller is the one which came with the scanner.

In Windows Vuescan work good, and I think to purchase the software, but I
want to leave Windows and use only Linux.
The problem is that in Linux it doesn't work.

I've expanded the .tar file in my home directory, than run "vuescan"
The windows open is like in Windows98, with ScanWit 2720s in the device
list.
But if I play "scan" the software stop himself and the only way to exit is
to kill it.
After first attempt, if I reopen "vuescan", in the device list there is only
"disk", ScanWit disappear.

When I start the pc in Linux, in the boot messages, appear:

SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
aec671x_detect:
   ACARD AEC-671X PCI Ultra/W SCSI-3 Host Adapter: 0    IO:df00, IRQ:11.
         ID:  2  Color   FilmScanner____10092
         ID:  7  Host Adapter
scsi0 : ACARD AEC-6710/6712 PCI Ultra/W SCSI-3 Adapter Driver V2.1+ac
  Vendor: Color     Model: FilmScanner____1  Rev: 0092
  Type:   Scanner                            ANSI SCSI revision: 02

There is someone on the list who may suggest something?
Maybe the problem is that the Vuescan for Linux doesn't work without reg
code?

Another question: what's "vuescan_static"?
When I've tried to run it nothing has happened...

Many thank's to all (and excuse for my poor english)

Davide Canepa

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.