Re: filmscanners: Correction for daylight slides with artificiallight

Title: Re: filmscanners: Correction for daylight slides with
Hi mario:

There are many ways to correct for color casts, especially if they are across the entire image.  While scanning, you can set highlight and shadow point and click on highlight and shadow parts of the image.  you could also do a global color correction with most software.

In addition, you could use the curves in most packages or import a custom curve from Photoshop.

Best of luck!

-Andy Darlow

Photography, Digital Print Consulting and Custom Editions

Andrew Darlow Images International
www.andydarlow.com
andy@andydarlow.com
Toll free- 1-877-ADarlow

Anybody knows some kind of "filter" to apply during scanning or in Photoshop
that parcially corrects for greenish color of daylight slides taken with
artificial light? (I would like to recover a slide collection that I made
almost thirty years ago in the assyrian rooms of the British Museum). TIA.

Mário Teixeira
mjteixeira@yahoo.com