filmscanners: Nikon motorised feeder

Shunith wrote:
> From what i gather (and experience) the flatness problem
> is only there with mounted slides that have curved...

It's possible to have uneven focus at the end of film strips when using
the motorised feeder.

> Maybe bad handling? Otherwise it's impossible as no part
> of the Scanner, except for the film holders, are directly
> in touch with the film.

Actually I don't think this is true.  The motorised feeder curls the film
strip inside the feeder to get to the end frame - especially with a 6 frame
strip.  I've dismantled the feeder, and I believe it's possible for the
mechanism to touch the film where it curls it around.  Others have mentioned
scratches with the motorised feeder.  FWIW I don't think it's ever damaged
any of my film.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com