filmscanners: Re clogged nozzle fixed

Thanks to the several people who sent tips on cleaning the clogged nozzle of
my 1160 which is using Generations Micro-Bright pigment inks.  I had a
single nozzle continuing to fail the nozzle check after many standard Epson
(menu driven) cleanings.

What worked for me (finally!) was to repeat about five times the following:

1.  unplug the printer while the head is in the left hand side cartridge
changing position

2.  spray a paper towel with Fantastik until rather damp and roll it up into
a tube about a half inch in diameter

3.  place the towel down into the trough over which the head passes

4.  manually move the head across the width of the towel and back

5.  remove the towel and repeat with a new towel

Most of the ink that ended up on the towel appeared as black, with a few
spots of colors here and there.  Even the last towel was really dirty, so
maybe I should have continued a few more times, but it passed the nozzle
check so I quit.

For information, I had gone through many periods where I was not printing
anything for a week or two, maybe longer.  I think I will now try to put
something through it at least weekly.  Still, I wonder how long it will
continue to be clog free.

Thanks again.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.