Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 8:31 PM
Subject: RE: filmscanners: SS120: Reflections on edge of neg

Stylistically, I'd call the Minolta boring rather than ugly but it's made out of metal whereas the Polaroid is at least partially plastic.  The Minolta is also A LOT smaller and quieter than the Polaroid.  Neither effect scan quality but they do make living with the scanner easier.

Also, the Minolta's non-glass carrier does a better job with curled film than the Polaroid's due to the way it holds the film.  The downside to the carrier is that you can only scan one shot on a strip at a time.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the Minolta.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.