filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Fuji 800

Bob wrote:
>Which Fuji 800 film?  NHG-II? NPZ? Super-G?

It's the consumer version sold in camera stores in Australia as "Fuji Superia
800".  I would have to check the actual film strip to see if there is any
other designation.  The "Super G" series were only in the US I think.

> Grain and some grain aliasing can be seen on scans with LS-30
> and vuescan in the darkest (least exposed) areas; but I think
> that is to be expected given the lighting.  Well-exposed
> areas have not shown this.

The film seems quite low contrast to me - but that's probably because a
lot of the film I've shot lately was Provia 100F.  The grain in the 800
is amazingly fine IMO if the film is properly exposed.  I just wish I had
an underwater camera with a strobe!

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com