Re: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: No luck with Superia 400

"Ken Durling" <kdurling@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >Is there any grey point you can use with Levels to neutralise the image?
> This sounds interesting - but I'm afraid I dont' fully understand the
> notion.  Would you mind explaining a little further?

If you use the levels tool in Photoshop and find a spot in the frame which
should be mid grey, you can use the grey eye dropper to set that as a grey
point.  Photoshop adjusts the colours so that the grey point is neutral.  I
find this really helps if there is such a point in the photo - shadow areas
on a white surface can be handy if there's nothing that is "really" grey.
Experiment with the tool and check out the effect.

People who are more expert in Photoshop should feel free to correct me if
I'm wrong about how the tool works - I'm just going on what it appears to do
and what has been said in this forum.  I mostly use Paintshop Pro.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.