Re: filmscanners: SS120: reflexions at the borders of the neg

At 07:47 AM 11/20/01, Bernie Ess wrote:
>Someone who has the SS120 told me that one cannot really use the whole
>negative because near the border or the film holders there were reflexions.
>I don´t know which borders exatly he means but he speaks of 2-3mm which is
>IMO quite a lot and would make of a 57x57mm neg a 54x54mm one...
>
>Do other users of the Polaroid have the same problem?

I was away when this was posted, but have had some problems and noticed
that no-one responded.  It's not quite what you state, it is only along the
film carrier edges, so your 57x57 neg would become something like 57x54.  I
haven't measured the exact area that seems to have a problem (it is lower
in contrast, I'm not sure it's a reflection however), but on one of my
cameras, it isn't an issue, on another it is.  It would appear to be
relative to the size of the film gate.  It still shouldn't happen - I would
guess it is a tradeoff with how much of the negative is grabbed, although
this problem doesn't exist with the 35mm carrier.

I would be interested in any other comments on this.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.