Re: filmscanners: X-ray scanners/etc

At 02:59 AM 11/24/01, Arthur Entlich wrote:
>Pre 9/11 there was an FAA regulation which required all reasonable
>requests for hand inspection of film to be carried out by personnel, as
>long as you gave adequate time prior to boarding for them to do so.
>
>This is/was a requirement.  And please, don't ask me to cite chapter and
>verse, because I don't have it in front of me, nor do I have time to
>track it down.  It is probably on the FAA website somewhere.
>
>However, with all the special legislation coming down, it also might
>have been revoked since 9/11...

Having read the entire FAA regulations, I will point out that the
regulations have ALWAYS allowed for immediate suspension of the film check
provision.  The right to suspend is not in any way connected to
9/11.  Unfortunately, many people have assumed from a variety of
paraphrased accounts of the regulations that they had an absolute right,
but this is what happens when people don't bother to really understand the
laws.

I'm not sure what this has to do with film scanners, however...

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.