Re: filmscanners: Re: LS8000 Banding Question

> > only guess is there is something else that prohibits them from fixing
> > it...what, I don't know...  Did they happen to mention WHY they won't fix
> > it?
> >

> Austin,
>
> I was never able to get a straight answer from them.  Big surprise ;-0
> Seemed pretty lame to me too...
>
> Lawrence

The following is on the web site here. LOL. You should note the question
contains the word "sometimes" and "minimise"  and a disclaimer at the end.
They only have 4 FAQ's on the web site and this is one. Its an obvious problem
to them which they want to ignore.

LS-8000 Frequently Asked Questions (Last modified: (11/10/2001)

This document (11414)is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this
document.

Question. Sometimes I get very fine lines in my final scan. Is there a way to
minimise this?

Answer Yes. In Tool Palette>Scanner Extras tick the check box beside Extra Fine
Scan Mode. This
will remove the fine lines but overall the scan time will be longer.

Document Title:
                     8000_scanline
Document ID:
                     11414_ls8000_jw.html