RE: filmscanners: Re: LS8000 Banding Question

> > Does anyone think that Nikon will fix or can it be rectified
> > with Firmware or software?
>
> I was told by a senior manager at Nikon that it would not be fixed in
> this scanner.  That's why I bought a drum scanner (an amazing machine)
> and nikon took my 8000 back.

I hate to say it this way, but that is just SO pathetic!  From what I
understand, fixing it would require a firmware modification to both
calibrate three lines instead of one, and then to use three calibration
lines instead of one.  Having written a LOT of embedded firmware, and
designed a few scanners, I just can't imagine what their problem is.  My
only guess is there is something else that prohibits them from fixing
it...what, I don't know...  Did they happen to mention WHY they won't fix
it?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.