filmscanners: X-ray scanners/etc

Jack Phipps <JPhipps@asf.com>, wrote:

 >He has used these to bluff his way past x-ray machines in Ireland, a
tough place for security.

I'm amazed.  I live in Ireland, fly in and out regularly and have never
been forced to have film X-rayed.

If you think Ireland is tough try Stockholm,  Perth (Australia) and
Schippol (Amsterdam) airports.  In general I have found the US amazingly
lax on security and most places in Asia very helpful as regards film.

I now try and buy film at my destination where possible.  I have reliable
source of refrigerated professional Fuji film in Budapest, Helsinki,
Bangkok, Singapore and, of course, Galway.  I would be interested in
recommendations from list members for processing labs across Europe Asia
and in Mexico.

Does anyone know if it is still safe to post films to labs in the UK ?  I
normally send all my processing to a lab there.

I don't want to get flamed for starting an off topic discussion.  If anyone
wants to contribute but thinks this is OT, please mail me off list.

Mike Bloor

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.