From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk] On Behalf Of Mark Otway
Sent: 21 November 2001 16:38
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: filmscanners: Nikonscan 3.1.1 update

I managed to download the update, but with great difficulty. Nikon's
site was limited to 7k/s, and didn't have resume enabled, making the
15Mb download difficult on my 56k connection with a 1hour timeout. ;-)

James Grove's site was faster (thanks James) but still no resume, so I
got a mate with a 'fat pipe' to download it for me and whack it onto a
resumable FTP. A while (!) later, I have it installed and running, on
XP, with the 1.10 firmware update installed on the scanner too.

First thing to note is that the annoying message has gone - the one
telling me that the last 2 frames out of 6 on my (4 frame) negative
strip is missing. So I'm happy already.

As for performance/quality, difficult to tell yet....

Mark

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.