Re: filmscanners: pushing dynamic range on the nikon 4000ed

Hi Wayne--

I set auto-exposure OFF to eliminate that variable as I struggle to
get control of the process.  So maybe this has saved me from the
inconsistency you describe, but I'm not expert enough with all this
to be sure.  However it might be easy to test:  turn auto-exposure
OFF and re-scan your problem images.  If they become more predictable
then you can probably assume that auto-exposure is the cause of your
problems.  If not, then I don't know what to suggest.

As far as the blue/yellow cast when comparing things to the monitor
I'd expect the monitor to appear more blue and the slides/prints
viewed with halogen bulbs to appear more yellow.  Is that what you're
seeing?

--Bill

--

Bill Fernandez  *  User Interface Architect  *  Bill Fernandez Design

(505) 346-3080  *  bill_sub@billfernandez.com  *  http://billfernandez.com