From: <markthomasz@ozemail.com.au>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: Re: filmscanners: Canon 4000 scanner VS Nikon LS4000

> Thanks Bruce - yes, as soon as I started projecting Kchromes, I
encountered this problem, so I went back to the shop to ask how I could get
them sharp edge-to-edge on screen..  I ended up buying one of those curved
field lenses (I think it's a Leitz?) to suit my Rollei projector, and it
gives stunning images.

> If you have only ever viewed your slides on a mediocre projector/lens, you
are definitely missing an experience..  But of course you also quickly find
out how critical camera steadiness and lens quality are, as per Rob's
comments.
> :-(
>

> > >These problems seem to only apply to quite 'bent' film, eg
> <<snip>>
> > Perhaps it's worth noting that Kodak now provides "curved field"
> > projection lenses as standard for normal (cardboard, presumably)
> > mounted slides in their Carousel projectors, but their older "flat
> > field" design is recommended for glass mounted transparencies.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.