Re: filmscanners: Canon 4000 scanner VS Nikon LS4000 >Mikael

Its the same problem with my 2 scanners ls2000 and Ls 4000 regarding
sharpness/ dept of  field problem.
If you are pleased with your Ls2000 stay with it and wait and se what's
coming. The difference between LS2000 and a extrapol. picture from 2700ppi
up to 4000 ppi and real 4000 ppi from Ls 4000 are not huge. In fact I have
done some test pictures and asked other photographers which one are a
2700ppi picture from the beginning. No one could se and tell for sure the
difference from the 2 scanners, Fuji 100ISO  slide film and 30 x 40 cm
copies . The noice is lower and colors are better in LS4000 than LS2000.
Best regards
Mikael Risedal