filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Digital ICE. To use or not?

Moreno wrote:
> I've heard others on this list complain about ICE's overall
> softening of the image, but I can't see it (on 8000 scans).
> Perhaps it's something that might be visible under a
> microscope, but certainly not on a print.

ICE certainly does soften the image on my LS30, but it may be that the softening
is less noticeable at 4000ppi with the new scanners.  The difference is
visible on the screen - no microscope required.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.