Re: filmscanners: pixels, printer dots, etc

Ken--

With a printer you never get to directly specify the number of dots
it uses to print an image.  Rather the print driver will decide how
many dots to use based upon the image you give it.  In your example
the image specifies that each pixel should print such that it
occupies a square 1/5 of an inch on a side so that's what the printer
will give you (as measured by a ruler on the paper) using as many
dots as it needs to accomplish this.

--Bill

--

Bill Fernandez  *  User Interface Architect  *  Bill Fernandez Design

(505) 346-3080  *  bill_sub@billfernandez.com  *  http://billfernandez.com