Re: filmscanners: Quick / Quality Scans - Help

I'm assuming you're shooting on neg film. Different problem
if slides.

I would get the cheapest possible 6x4 photographic prints
made and scan those on any old cheap flatbed scanner,
several at a time, to provide the laptop proofs (or take the
album of prints and not scan them at all until you have to).
This will be enormously less time and hassle than towsing
with your filmscanner.

Then use the filmscanner on the ones you want to do nicely.
You may find that it's difficult to beat the enprints
anyway, without taking quite a time, unless you're doing big
enlargements. Many parents may be happy with final prints
straight from the flatbed-scanned images, and you don't need
especially high quality for the web page.

This may seem disloyal to the list, but I really *am* an
enthusiastic and regular filmscanner - it's just that it's
extremely time-consuming to achieve high quality or to do
large numbers of images.

Regards & good luck,

Alan Tyson