RE: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: Best solution for HD and imag es

> > > PS Can someone confirm for me that all this discussion of IDE RAID is
> > > irrelevent
> > > to Mac users?  Are there IDE RAID solutions for Mac?
> >

> Mac OS Z 10.1 has RAID capabilities built in.  I believe it works with
> SCSI,
> IDE, or FireWire drives.  The problem is that it can not be used as the
> boot
> disk and it is not usable from Mac OS 9.x.

Both problems are fixed with a hardware RAID system.  One mentioned by Bare
Feats ( http://www.barefeats.com/ ) is by ACARD Technologies (
http://www.acard.com/eng/product/safm/aec-6880m.html ) for $179 plus drives.
Same card works for both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X.  Doubt very much if it will
work under Mac OS "Z" - blame my fat fingers for this typo.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.