RE: filmscanners: factor in sharpness

I agree that major differences are definitely noticeable, both between
lenses and films. What I haven't been able to see on my LS-30 (2700 dpi) is
the difference between sharp and extra-sharp films (i.e. FP4+ and PANF+ or
even Technical Pan): there is a major difference in grain, but not in
resolution or sharpness.
I'll test again in the next few days with my new Canon FS4000, to see
whether 4000 dpi are enough. Any other experiences about this?

Alessandro Pardi

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.