RE: filmscanners: 2700ppi a limiting factor in sharpness?

All this talk about great lenses that are needed to make great photos reminds
me that, finally, it is the
vision of the photographer that really counts.

One need look no further than the amazing photos that Edward Steichen took at
the Acropolis in Greece in the
1920s (?) using a box camera he borrowed from the head waiter. (A long silly
story)

A contemporary example would be the many stunning photos taken with 'Holga'
cameras, which have plastic lenses
and very non flat film planes.

I am not saying that there is no need for Zeiss lenses in this world, but
photography transcends mere lenses,
and we should not lose sight of that (as it were).

Harvey Ferdschneider
partner, SKID Photography, NYC

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.