Re: filmscanners: Re: Nikon LS4000ED inquiry + Mac OS 9.x

Bill,

Thanks for your help , but ....

Still no joy.

VueScan still freezes on launch.

There is a flash of the cursor after getting the splash screen then it
seizes up and a re-boot is required.

System is    Mac G4 400
                    2 Gb Ram ( just upgraded again )
                    10 Gb hard drive with OS 10.1
                    20 Gb hard drive with OS 9.2.1
                    Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u monitor
                    Epson Stylus Photo 1290 printer
                    Nikon Super Coolscan 4000 ED firewire scanner
                    Umax Astra 1200S SCSI flatbed scanner
                    Plextor PleXWriter 12/10/32 SCSI external
                    Yamaha speakers
                    Wacom A5 USB Graphics tablet
                    USB hub ( powered )
                    Std keyboard and mouse ( both USB )

I have tried with the Nikon extensions disabled , Nikon and Umax extensions
disabled , Nikon Umax and Wacom extensions disabled .
Also when I try ,the Umax and Plextor are not even powered up.

Can anyone help ?  Please

Eric

> Eric--
>
> Assuming you're using Mac OS 8.x to 9.x, remove the following files
> from the Extensions folder that's in your System folder, then restart
> your Mac:
>
>    Nikon LS4K Family
>    Nikon LS4K Expert
>    Nikon LS4K Driver
>    Nikon Common Driver
>
> If you later want to use NikonScan (either standalone or as a
> Photoshop plug-in) you have to copy these files back into the
> Extensions folder and restart your Mac again.
>
> --Bill
>

> At 10:36 AM +0000 4-11-01, Eric Calderwood wrote:
>>
>>> How did you get VueScan to recognise the Nikon 4000 ED ?
>>>
>>> I am still having difficulties.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.