RE: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: Pixels per inch vs DPI

> Further, the issues he has brought up to question below were asides and
> tangential to the main points I was making in my post which were
> concerning the discussion comparing color dye clouds and capture of
> images digitally, not black and white developing,

I DID talk about color (see below), not B&W exclusively.  I find it funny
that you ignore that fact.  You really believe the size and shape of the
film grain is tangential to the "capture of images digitally"?  How do you
arrive at that conclusion?

> and my principle point
> was that grain was randomly distributed throughout the film emulsion and
> no process allowed for dye clouds to be moved or lined up within the
> emulsion during processing,

I do believe that is common knowledge, and I don't believe anyone disagreed
with that.  My correction to your statement was that development has a LOT
to do with grain size.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.