Re: filmscanners: Pixels per inch vs DPI

Arthur Entlich wrote:

> SKID Photography wrote:
>
>  >
>  > I think you will find that very few, if any, flashes are of such a
> short duration.  It has been my experience
>  > that the difference between, a 250th, 125th and 60th of a second
> exposure and almost any brand electronic
>  > flash will yield very different film exposures, no matter what type
> of shutter you are using.
>  >
>  >
>  > Harvey Ferdschneiderpartne
>  > partner, SKID photography, NYC
>  >

> My Vivitar 285 flash indicates specifications of 1/1000th to 1/30,000
> sec, but it is what, 20 years old?
>
> I couldn't find the specs of my much newer Nikon speedlite, but I think
> it has an even faster minimum speed.
>
> Art

Try taking 3 different photos (Poaloids will do), at a 60th, 125th and 250th of
a second.  Will will see that
there will be a significant exposrue difference between them.

As far as 'spec' go, this would not b the first time that manufacturers fudged
them.

Harvey Ferdscneider
partner, SKID Photography, NYC

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.