RE: filmscanners: Firewire IEEE1394

Generally the drivers you want are prepared/written by the company that
manufacturers the card.  They are included in Windows if there is enough demand
or need.  I recall reading then there is a cut off for hardware that is more
then two years old.  So unless your Firewire card was manufactured in 2000 or
2001, you may be out of luck.  In any case, your best be would be the card
manufacturer.  I would check their web site.  Finally, more then a few hardware
items don't run on the card versions of Firewire.  I don't know whether the
Minolta Scanners have that limitation or not.

Gordon Potter   <twocybers@home.com>
Nashville, TN 37215
USA

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.