RE: filmscanners: Website ref. re - Pixels per inch vs DPI

I would highly recommend a visit to:

http://www.users.qwest.net/~rnclark/scandetail.htm

if you are interested in questions like 'How many Mp do I need to get to x
quality..?'

Mr Clark has excellent samples and simulations up to 194 Mp (!) equivalents,
and some quite detailed information.

As for me, I'm quite surprised at the image quality obtainable from, say, a 3.3
Mp camera if there is so much interpolation going on.

Other links on this topic would be appreciated..

mark t

Julian said:
> > Austin - is this true?  Can you show documentation to
> > demonstrate? - bec if
> > it is true then I am very surprised and have been very badly mislead.
> >
> > Julian
> >
> > At 10:42 30/10/01, Austin wrote:
> > >Note, when a digital camera claims 6M pixels...that's in fact a flat out
> > >lie.  It is REALLY 1.5M pixels, with four sensors per pixel...a pixel IS
> > >made up of all three RGB components, so it is really misleading
> > to make the
> > >claims they do.  They would be more honest to call it a 6M SENSOR array.
> > >How they get 6M pixel OUTPUT is interpolation...
<snip>