From:   Hill James [mailto:jmhphoto@mindspring.com]
Sent:   Monday, October 29, 2001 2:14 PM
To:     filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject:        filmscanners: SS4000 SCSI question.

I received my new SS4000 scanner today which did not come with a SCSI card.
I currently have a Adaptec AIC-7850 PCI SCSI Controler, but it has a
different type of connector - a small 60 pin with spring clips on both
sides.  It is hooked to an old HP ScanJet 5p.  Is there likely to be an
adapter which I could put between the supplied cable and the old connector,
or should I buy a new card?  I'd like to keep the HP working for rare print
scans.

TIA

James Hill
Freelance Photographer