filmscanners: 12bits or 8bits?

Hi everyone.... Is it best to scan at 12 bits or 8 bits using the Polaroid sprintscan 4000 Polacolor Insight software? When I do scan at 12bits and is sent to Photoshop the image is dark. Is this normal? Setting the white and black points is very difficult. Does it make any sense to do any corrections with Insight if I'm scanning at 12bits? Also, on the "profiles-display" box in Insight, I have it set at "monitor, PC." Should I be using a different profile? I, m using the monitor that came with my Gateway computer. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you. Stephen S.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.