RE: filmscanners: Pixels per inch vs DPI

> Hi Austin,
>
> Do you have another printer?

Yes.  Another 3000 ;-) and two 1160s.

> The reason I ask is that the 3000
> is very long
> in the tooth.

Well, it ends up that it's still the absolute best printer for Piezography,
much to my delight!

> I'm just wondering how the output from an 1160 or 1290 at 100dpi
> compares with the 3000, and yes I know you can't print as big. :)

For B&W (Piezography) the 3000 is FAR better than the 1160.  Even the Cone
boys make that claim.  For color, I don't really know.  What color I printed
I thought was pretty bad...but I never really tried to get good photo-like
color images out of my inkjet printers yet.  Some day I will...

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.