Re: filmscanners: Minolta Scan Multi Pro REVIEW???

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Minolta Scan Multi Pro REVIEW???

> Bernhard Ess wrote:
>
> SNIP:
>
> > BTW, I have re- studied the sample scans of the Minolta and the Nikon
8000
> > on imaging- resource, and unfortunately I have come to the conclusion
that
> > the Nikon ist the better scanner in almost every respect:
>
> Bernhard
>
> If you re-studied the article it disagrees with your statement.  I quote
> (with recognition of the article copyright to Imaging-Resource):

SNIP

Simon, you are right about their arguments, but they keep telling themselves
that the scans should speak for themselves - having read the review I was
very positive about the Minolta, but having re- examined the scans in detail
I changed my view - did you look at them quietly? What I found is that the
bigger - upsampled - resolution of 4800 doesn´t give more detail, but more
unsharpness - but the difference in  noise is just *very* strong in the dark
areas. And there is this strange veil above the Minolta scans - which makes
everything come out more clearly and nicer colours fir the Nikon.

I repost those deciding links: it was
http://www.imaging-resource.com/SCAN/DSMP/DSMTRAIN6ADJ.HTM  for the Minolta
and...
http://www.imaging-resource.com/SCAN/CS8K/C8TRAIN9.HTM for the Nikon 8000.
Watch exactly at the lower part of the locomotive where it really dark - I
opened the pics in photoshop side to side - for me this seems like as if the
Nikon is a clear winner here.

Don´t misunderstand me here please - I don´t try to make one machine bad and
another one good - I have no personal preference to one brand or another - I
just try to find out which machine I will spend *so much* money for.... And
those scans seem like the most exact measure I have at hand...

greetings Bernhard

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.