Re: filmscanners: Nikon film flatness

Bill Fernandez
> It is interesting that, as you say, I've never heard this complaint
> from LS-8000 owners.

1) Well, Raphael Bustin., who used to write to this forum, sent me a CD with
some scans made with his 8000ED. Unfortunately, some of the scans show
unsharp grain at the edges. Most affected are scans from 35mm film. 120 film
images seem to have sharp grain all over (the're 6x4,5cm). I don't know
neither the state of the films, neither which film holder he used for
scanning. But nevertheless the problem exists with 8000ED as well.

2) To those of you experienced with 4000ED/8000ED: please take a look at
www.zakrzewski.art.pl/negs I have uploaded pictures of my negs. My question
is whether  my negs as they are, can pose any problem for the 4000ED/8000ED
as far as film curvature goes? Are they flat enough not to worry about the
scanners' too shallow DOF?
I assume I'd be scanning exclusively with FH-3 film strip holder if I bought
4000ED. I don't know if similar holder is shipped with 8000ED but that'd be
my choice as well.

Regards

Tomasz Zakrzewski
www.zakrzewski.art.pl