Re: filmscanners: newton rings

To avoid Newton Rings you have to avoid contact between the surfaces.

One way would be to increase the space between the film and the glass.
Of course, this is a bit of a catch 22 since the reason for using a
glass carrier is usually to flatten the film between the glass layers.

There is a powder made for this purpose which is applied very sparingly
which serves as a "buffer" between the glass and the film surface.

Lastly, there is anti-newton coated or etched glass.

Those are the ones I know of.

Art

Bill Grimwood wrote:

> I am getting Newton rings in my scanning with my Minolta Dimage scanner.  Of
> course this is with the glass negative carrier for medium format.  I have
> heard of a way to prevent this but have forgotten how.  Can anyone help?
>

> Thanks
>
> Bill Grimwood
>
> .

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.