Re: filmscanners: Laptop configuration

A minor point for future clarity:

Little b means bits. Big B means bytes.

When people write Mb (whether 11 or 12 for USB) they mean mega-bits.

"My scanner, attached to my computer using a USB 11Mb/s interface (or is it
12Mb/s? I can never remember which) has such low resolution that a
full-frame scan of a 35mm negative is only 10MB in size."

--

USB is the only popular interface that is a practical limit to scan rates.
Many scanner transports seem to run at about 1-2MB/s, some maybe as high as

If you tend to multitask (on a personal level) USB gets dreadful when trying
any combination of unloading a memory card, scanning and/or printing.

Wire

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.