filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Picture Window Pro

Bob wrote:
> Thanks for the info Rob.  JASC's plans look more rational if
> that's their beliefs on the market & their position in it.
> But they may well be wrong on the future of 16 bit editing.

Maybe.  Most flatbeds only output 8 bits per channel, and that leaves us
filmscanner users.  We're a small part of the market really.

> And of course revealing the features of a future product
> before there's even a beta release could be seen as
> manipulation or vapor ware (a la Microsoft).  For now it
> doesn't bug me that much to use PWP then PSP at under 1/3
> the cost of PS....

I just processed a dozen scans last night using PWP and I *REALLY* prefer
to be able to use the histograms in HSL to RGB.  The most annoying thing
with histograms in RGB is trying to keep the colour balance consistent,
and editing in HSL eliminates (or appears to eliminate) that problem.  I
get to tweak the shadows, highlights, and saturation in one tool.

The thing about PWP which is driving me nuts is the way it produces a new
image every time I manipulate something.  I just want to modify the existing
image, not have to keep closing windows and using save-as. :-P  I can't
find a preferences setting to turn this behaviour off.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.