filmscanners: Nikon Scan 3.1 & Dual Processors....

So...

A proud possessor of a Nikon 4000 ED and Nikon Scan 4.1.... and the bally
thing kept crashing in PS 6.... crashing PS6 as well... so, thru Google, i
came upon this site.... and hello... straight away i see it seems to be a
problem.... some post about NS crashing dual processor systems....

My set up:

Dual Pentium IIIs (733)
Asus CUV4xD motherboard
2 x 40 GB Seagate Barracudas
512MB SDRAM (133Mhz)

W2k
PS6
Nikon Scan 3.1

I manage to scan one image thru the Import command in PS6 and it crashes on
the second image.... doesn't matter even if i get out of NS and save the
image and then restart NS via the Import command... seem to have a bit
better luck tho' if i don't go thru Photoshop... i.e run NS as a "stand
alone"....

Is there no workaround to enable me to use this programme thru PS?

Seems quite ridiculous if you ask me... here we are having plunked oodles of
boodle for a kind of above average PC config... more boodle on the Nikon
scanner (w/ NS 3.1) and the bally thing goes belly up!

:)

SD

---