Re: filmscanners: High End Scanner Prices

----- Original Message -----
From: PAUL GRAHAM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 6:07 PM
Subject: RE: filmscanners: High End Scanner Prices

>Yes, but the Minolta is 4800 dpi *interpolated* for medium format.
>it's a neat trick to make the numbers look good.
>the Nikon and Polaroid remain tops at 4000 dpi for MF.

It is true for medium format, in 35mm 4800 is native resolution, but the
question is whether 3200 is not enough for medium format, I have made some
calculations, maybe for 6x4,5 it is not so much, but for 6x6, 6x7 and 6x9
3200dpi should be enough to make 300dpi prints in bigger size....

I am waiting for user reviews for the minolta, it seems to be a great
machine... And less expensive than the Nikon.

greetings Bernhard

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.