Re: filmscanners: Any experience with Vuescan/Linux/SS4000/Adaptec 29160?

Jeff,

I am completely clueless, but thought of a couple suggestions.  First, I
think using the separate SCSI card is an excellent idea. Second, before you
do that, try setting the termination on the scanner to off, rather than on.
I thought you only terminated one connection (internal or external) and you
internal one is terminated.

Not sure that will help.

Tom

> Any hints?  Could the scanner be monopolizing the bus such that disk
> I/O can't occur?  Do I need to rebuild the kernel with some different
> SCSI-driver option?  Could the SCSI host adapter not be sensing its
> auto-termination needs correctly and be applying termination in the
> middle?
>
> My next try was going to be popping in the cheapo Advansys SCSI
> adapter which came with the scanner, and seeing if I could get the
> scanner working on its own whole separate controller...  Any better
> ideas?  Am I doing something stoopid?
>
> Thanks!

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.