RE: filmscanners: Ls-4000ED vs. FS-4000 - can you help?

Strange you mention better results with the Minolta Dimage Dual Scan.....
Sometimes I wish I'd never sold mine.   More and more I'm coming to believe
that this is (was) a really excellent piece of hardware let down by hopeless
software....

> BF: I'm glad you mentioned this because I was about the send the
> LS-4000ED back and try an SS4000 instead; but if the latter also
> shows these then I still have a problem.

The SS/AX4000 is pretty good, especially with SilverFast, but it is *very*
unforgiving of dust & scratches, and the exposed, horizontal orientation of
the film holder, in my experience, only makes the dust problem worse.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.