Re: filmscanners: Future of Polaroid Sprintscan 120 ...

Polaroid filed a 'chapter 11' not a 'chapter 7' (if I have my 'chapters right),
this means reorganization, and
*not* liquidation.  Polaroid will be around for quite a while.

Harvey Ferdschneider
partner, SKID Photography, NYC

dpfreedman@att.net wrote:

> Polaroid's bankruptcy would seem to make investing in a
> Sprintscan 120 an iffy proposal.  I was told at Photo
> East last year by a Polaroid rep that the SS120 is
> manufactured for Polaroid by Microtek and that under the
> terms of the agreement, Microtek was prevented from
> marketing the scanner under their own name for a period
> of one year. One year is almost up and I'm wondering if
> we might not see the 120 appearing under the Microtek
> name in the not-too-distant future.
>
> While I'd prefer to buy from Polaroid, with the
> availability of future service and support unclear, an
> alternate source would be an attractive option.
>
> DPF

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.