From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Simon Lamb
Sent: 11 October 2001 21:48
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Scanning Agfa Scala

Joe

I have used Scala a great deal and it scans superbly.  It is very
unforgiving and exposure needs to be accurate, but when it is right it is
superb, especially when viewed through a projector.  As you say, meter for
the highlights, or at the least the brightest area where you want to see
detail.  I have scanned hundreds of Scala slides on my LS30 and here are
some examples (not the best but OK to see the scanning qualities on a low
level scanner):

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.