RE: filmscanners: Nikon Scan 3.1 / Windows 2000: "Could not open Nikon Scan 3...

Sorry, I should have been clearer:

The *application* is crashing, not Windows.  Tracebacks of the application's
crash show that it is failing mostly in kernel level code, which often indicates
a driver problem (it is rare for applications to crash in kernel code
rather than in the application code).  The OS continues to run fine.
I did try reinstalling the Firewire drivers. VueScan runs with on the scanner.

I am doing further testing, with three different W2K dual CPU machines,
loaded from scratch with clean OS's, to try and pin down the problem.

Other than one report from Tom Scale (not sure if he is using single
or dual CPU), there has been NOT ONE person reporting that NikonScan 3.1
works without crashing under W2K / dual CPU.

I'll summarize back to the list in a week or so.

Regards

Stuart

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.