filmscanners: Install over older version (was: VueScan 7.1.20 Available)

>Ed
>
>Clarify something for me. Is it better to uninstall the older version, or
>will the new one just overwrite the old and I don't have to do anything but
>download it?
>
>Martin

Ed may wish to contribute his own answer, but for me installing over previous
vuescan has long worked without problem.  I usually copy the contents of the
vuescan folder to a backup folder before installing the new version in case I
want to go back to the previous version.  Also I save my vuescan.ini file and
copy it back into the vuescan folder after installing the new version.  This
allows me to start using the new version without having to reestablish my
various settings (default scan folder, color space, film type, ...).

--
Bob Shomler
http://www.shomler.com/gallery.htm

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.