RE: filmscanners: Silverfast Ai and Silverfast HDR

And the chant of the crowd grows louder:  "Ham...rick Ham...rick Ham...rick" :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Owen P. Evans [mailto:opevans@istar.ca]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 2:30 PM
To: Filmscanners
Subject: filmscanners: Silverfast Ai and Silverfast HDR

[snip discouraging customer support story]

Today I had not had a reply so I sent a second notice and I received a
telephone call this afternoon from their customer service. They do not give
HDR updates for free! They will refund my $45 and we are finished. The
customer service rep, Annie, was very pleasant and firm with the policy. She
felt that maybe Mr. O'Daniel may have been dealing with Germany because
Lasersoft Imaging Inc. of the USA will not do this!

There you have my experience. As for me; I'm sticking with Vuescan like I
have all year and who updates the product on a weekly basis...FOR FREE!
Sorry for the long post.
Owen

Owen P. Evans
Osgoode, Ontario. Canada