filmscanners: OT: Epson C-80

I know this is OT, but I was wondering if anyone has yet worked with the
Epson C-80 printer?

Back at Comdex here last March, Epson asked me for a list of things I
was looking for in a printer.

I told them my wish list was a 4 color, 3 picolitre printer which used
pigmented inks and separate cartridges, that didn't used the "chip" and
had a 16-20" carriage.

Well, I suppose four out of six ain't bad...

The C-80 is only an 8"-8.5" wide printer and it does have chips in each
cartridge, but otherwise it is just what I asked for.

I saw one today, and it is not very costly (under $300 CAN, which should
mean well under $200 US), but I'm just wondering if anyone has run it
through the paces yet?

Hopefully, this is a precursor to a new 3000 model...

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.