RE: filmscanners: Canon's scanner Test photo

Hi Alex,
 As it was pointed by the others, FS4000 is good machine. The only problem is
probably lower DMAX. In case of dark (underexposed) slides I am using "Exposure
+1" and the results are satisfactory (properly exposed slides are giving always
proper results with auto gain). I hope that it will be possible to control
exposure more precisely in the future. Presently you can change it by 1 stop
only.
I know that you have to make difficult decision. If money are not a problem
take Nikon. If your budget is limited and photography is only your hobby, you
will be quite happy with Canon for a half price.
 Infrared channel is very important future, and Canon one is working in perfect
way. Big DOF is also important. I tried Vuescan (demo version) and with this
software scanning slides is giving better results but in this case prints are
very bad. I will try new version today.
With limited budget you should also remember that the semi-pro digital cameras
will become more and more popular and it will be necessery to change our
equipment soon...

Regards

Tomasz