Re: filmscanners: Bruce Fraser Reviews Nikon 4000ED

In a message dated 10/3/2001 11:15:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time, caryenochr@enochsvision.com writes:

At 03:32 03-10-01 -0400, you wrote:
>Wire, I like your review better than Bruce's!!!  And I haven't even read
>Bruce's!!!!!
>
>I guess I'm a born skeptic and have never completely trusted any review in
>any publication that accepts advertising for the products being
>reviewed.  There's too much conflict of interest.

So then you're both of the opinion that Bruce Fraser prostituted his
considerable reputation because the website has to pander to its advertisers?

Considering that I admitted I hadn't read Bruce's review, I certainly can't be accused of casting doubt on his reputation.  I did find Wire's comments very entertaining, though.

Most writers, even of Bruce's stature, will engage in a certain amount of self censorship rather than bite the hands that feed them.  Most astute readers understand how the game is played.  They read the reviews to learn more about the features of a given product rather than for a critical and objective comparison that will answer the eternal question, "Which scanner is better?"

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.