Re: filmscanners: Cannot open scanned TIFF in Photoshop

Larry Berman wrote:

> Not knowing what your problem is, I can say that my TIF files are between
> 55 and 60 megs on scanning at 4000 PPI. I don't have my scanner turned on
> but are there TIF saving options in the software? Might you have set it
for
> 200% scaling, which would make the file size twice what it really is?

I used Insight for scanning, and the 55/60 MB size is for scanning 8bit. Raw
scanning and scanning 12bit produce twice the file size - around 110MB. But
I also scanned at 8 bit and 4000dpi, and PS would not open it.

Stephen Jennings wrote:

> Hope this isn't too simple a suggestion.  I discovered that PS won't open
> files without the .tif extension.

Well, the files do have the tif extension. Even renaming to TIF does not
help. The 'magic' size for opening is somewhere between 42,457 (opens) and
43,393 (does not open) KB.

I also asked this at the Adobe forum - no response so far. :-(

Maris V. Lidaka asked:

> A shot in the dark - is Insight saving the TIFF as a compressed TIFF?

Then they would always be saved as compressed, right? And none of them
should open, right?

Barbara

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.