RE: filmscanners: Re: SS4000 which software for negs?

If you pay to get the updated SilverFast 5.5, you'll get great scans.
Without the update, I would not worry about using SilverFast. In that case,
you are likely to get good scans with VueScan. Same for PolarColor Insight.
The most recent version is well worth using, but the one that came with the
scanner is a waste of time, unless they are sending out the new version with
the scanner.

I scan mostly Provia and Supra with SiverFast 5.5. I'm also happy with the
scans I get with PolarColor, but have decided to stick with SilverFast as it
has more features and lots of film profiles.

---
Gregory Georges
Really Useful Content, Inc.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina